Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Mama


Today is my Mother's birthday. She would be turning 96 today if she were still alive. My Mama died when I was 19 years old. The picture of her above was taken shortly before she died. The other picture, of course, was taken when she was much younger. She has been gone from my life now longer than she was a part of it. It is amazing just how much of an influence your mother is on you, isn't it. It has been so long since I have seen her, it would be so nice just to spend an afternoon talking to her. Sometimes I have dreams of her. I usually dream that she comes to me and we just talk. When I wake up I feel like I have had such a nice visit with her. It has been a long time since I had one of those dreams.
My Mom had a lot of problems in her life. She fell into a lifestyle that was not good for her or for her family. She caused herself and her family a lot of angst, but she was a very giving very talented woman. She taught me a lot in my short 19 years with her. She was a fabulous cook and would give anyone the shirt off of her back if she thought you needed it more than she did. I guess it is good to have days of rememberance. I have spent the day just missing my Mom.
So Happy Birthday Mama. I love you!

2 comments:

Shannalee, Akadia Shelties said...

Very nice Tricia. I really enjoyed seeing the photos of your mom and it is so nice that you can reflect on her and remember those good times

Cool Design Shelties said...

Nice to read about your mother and I'm sending you some loving thoughts on your mother's birthday :o)


//Bente