Saturday, November 29, 2008

Puppies, Puppies



I have the most beautiful litter here at my house right now. I'm so excited about these puppies. they are by the beautiful BISS Ch. Sea Haven Chasing Moonbeams X BISS Ch. Lacewood Bi Starlight. It is exciting to have these guys here and watch them grow. The hard part is deciding what is best for each of the puppies.

I saw Chase when he was still showing in the classes in California. He was a young dog that did not have a name for himself yet. I fell passionately in love with him the first time I saw him. I have wanted to find a girl that I considered good enough to send to him to be bred. Shannalee sent her beautiful Stinky "Ch. Akadia Totally Intoxicating" to him and was sweet enough to let me have a beautiful blue boy from that litter, but wouldn't you know, he went oversize!! So I was still left hoping to find a girl nice enough to send to him. Well, Luci finished fast and came in season so I decided to drive to San Francisco to breed her to him. That was about 25 hours of driving round trip plus the time there to breed her 3 times. So, you can see, I want to keep my favorite. I think I have decided to keep one of the blue girls. She really interests me. I have considered keeping one of the black girls too, but that is still up in the air. I have pondered on this and worried about it so much that it has made its way into my dreams ----

I dreamt that Tom Coen and Pete C. and Kim A (Laureate) and several other top sheltie breeders were at a party with me. (when I dream I go for the best!!!). I had the two black girls with me and I went up to Pete and Tom and asked them which of the girls I should keep. Tom was just about to tell me what his pick was when I stopped him. I told him that I didn't want Pete to hear his answer, that I wanted his answer to not be influenced by Tom's answer. So, I went to get yellow sticky notes to have them write down their answers. (I guess my dreams can be very specific). When I got the pad of sticky notes, everyone at the party decided that it was a game and they all wanted to play. So I passed out sticky notes to everyone so that they could write down their choice for which black girl to keep. I just gathered all the sticky notes back and was so excited to finally get to see the answer when -- my husband made a noise and woke me up!!! I was devastated that I would never know the answer to my question. Too bad that Tom and Pete and Kim live so far away, or I think I would take the puppies to see them so that I could finally find out the answer to the question!!! LOL

I have had a great time watching this crew grow up. They are as charming as they are beautiful. There is nothing better than puppies to make life worthwhile. I'm pretty sure that I am just puppy struck right now. But I think I'll just enjoy it while it lasts as they are grown and gone way too soon.

3 comments:

D'Gio Shelties said...

Congratulations on your beautiful litter of puppies! You gotta love those AOAC's.

Laureate said...

I love this story! You'll have to have a party and give everyone sticky notes and see what happens!

Kim

Lacewood Shelties said...

Thanks Kim,
Wanna come to a party at my house. I have the yellow stickies!!! Bring Pete and Tom and Nioma with you. I need to decide which puppies to keep!!!