Thursday, January 22, 2009

I've been tagged


I have been tagged by Cool Design Shelties. I'm not sure how this works, but this is the picture that is the 5th picture in the 5th folder. I think that is what I am suppose to describe. This is Annie, "Roydon Crystal Ice" with my son Braden. She is the foundation bitch my lines. She is the Dam to Draco, Ch. Lacewood The Star Maker. We lost this absolutely stunning girl while she was giving birth to her first and only litter. She had to have a c-section and she aspirated during the c-section. She actually died before the c-section and was kept alive with CPR until we could get her heart going again. We didn't hold out much hope for the puppies she was carrying as we had to re-prep her for surgery, so it was some time after her cardiac arrest until the puppies were born. She gave birth to 3 puppies. Draco was the first born, he was floppy with no signs of life, but we were able to resuscitate him with a lot of work. The second puppy was a bi black girl that was in a little better shape. The last puppy was Gandy, Lacewood Ghost Star who is a double merle. He was also floppy with no signs of life. We were able to resuscitate all three puppies. Sadly Annie woke after surgery, but died early the next morning. She was never able to nurse or see her babies. To say I was broken hearted is an understatement. I actually cried for a solid month. But sweet little Annie's legacy lives on. She is the Dam of Draco and the Granddam of Luci, BISS CH. Lacewood Bi Starlight, and now the great grand dam of the the puppies sired sired by BISS CH. Sea Haven Chasing Moonbeams. There were 4 puppies in that litter that are yummy and look very promising. So Annie, in her short 2 years, left a wonderful legacy of beautiful babies. I will hold Annie close to my heart forever. I loved her dearly for the short time that she was with me. I hand raised all three of her babies with as much love as I know she would have raised them. All three of her babies grew to adulthood against all odds.
I still love you my sweet Annie. I hope you are pleased with your descendants!!!
So now I guess I am suppose to tag 5 of my friends. I will tag Shannalee at Akadia, Windsor, Kathy at Istari, Gail, and Dixie at Dae Dream. I hope you will all play too.

2 comments:

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

What a wonderful picture, and a great story. It's wonderful that Annie's legacy was able to live on in her pups.
~lickies, Ludo

Anonymous said...

You got it :) That's exactly what you're supposed to do :) :) That's a sweet picture and great story, thanks for posting!!