Saturday, December 6, 2008

Gratitude

I must be in a very reflective mood. Since I started writing this blog, it is in the back of my mind all the time thinking of what might be a good thing to share. The last few days I have been thinking a lot about gratitude. I keep thinking to myself "that isn't a good thing to write about", but then something else happens and I realize just how grateful I am for things in my life. I think sometimes it is easier to be grumpy about the things that we don't have or about things that happen to us, than it is to be grateful for what we have and for those experiences that help us grow. I have not exactly had the easiest life growing up, but I am grateful for each of those experiences because I learned so many valuable lessons from them.
We live in unpredictable times. I have a hard time listening to the news because it scares me to see what is happening in our world. But I am grateful for 7 beautiful children and a husband that has always been able to provide for us. I am so grateful for my dogs and for the opportunity that I have to have dogs that are as nice as I have. I'm grateful that I have had the opportunity to live in this exciting world when technology is just exploding. I don't think there has ever been such an exciting world as the one we live in. I love to see all the new technologies.
I'm especially grateful for friends and the rich blessing that they are in my life. I see so many of them struggling with trials and my heart goes out to them. I just feel very blessed right now.
The picture is of my husband and two of my boys at Arches National Park here in Utah. Such a beautiful world that we live in!!

No comments: